Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I've had serious acne for 8 YEARS...How about LASER treatment or ANTIBIOTICS? (Wizards...?)?

In sixth grade I had started having one of those really serious cases of acne (genetic), and it might still be partially a stress thing (lol, it used to be a DREAM to have normal, clear skin) and people just tell me to deal with it. I've been told a few times ';Oh, it'll be gone by the time you're this age...'; (the new age I'm told now is late twenties...rofl...like I'll wait that long.) and another response I hate and keep getting from an older someone is ';It's natural, and you'll always have it. And anyway, I don't care when I have it--so you shouldn't.'; (PFFT... Ahem.) Heh, sorry, sometimes I get sort of emotional about my skin problems...





// [End of me complaining.]





Don't think I haven't been to dermatologists and tried tons of topical stuff. And I refuse to ever use that bleaching Benzoyl stuff outside of the shower again.





How about (and keep in mind I'm not rich)...





**LASER TREATMENT? How effective, how many treatments, how expensive? (Maybe this technique will improve over the years...) THIS ONE I'm really interested in.


FACIAL MASQUES? How effective are these... and are some greater than others? I'll use them as frequently as it's allowed.


ANTIBIOTICS? (I tried Penicillin once; I'm allergic to that) I know they can be harmful to your body, but if it's nothing too serious or there are ways to assist maintaining your health while taking them...sure.


WIZARDS? What universe can I travel to where I can find a qualified wizard who will magically poof away all my acne?





I want it all gone, completely...face, chest, back, arms...and wherever else. Maybe one zit every two months is acceptable.








I'm pretty sure nobody can write me a book, but your response will be much appreciated anyway ;)I've had serious acne for 8 YEARS...How about LASER treatment or ANTIBIOTICS? (Wizards...?)?
ask ur doc or dermatologist about roaccutane (isotretinoin). it a drug specifically designed for the treatment of acne. it works by drying the skin leaving it less greasy. treatment may take a few months with improvements noticed over the weeks. highly recommended!I've had serious acne for 8 YEARS...How about LASER treatment or ANTIBIOTICS? (Wizards...?)?
antiobiotics
antibiotics are your friend. Ask for minocycline.





laser treatment will only help you get rid of scars. It's freakin' expensive and typically, the cost is not covered under most typical health insurance plans (which means your parents will have to pay for straight out of their pockets, not a great idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment